Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mini Board Book


My blogger friend Sherry sent my little girls these beautiful little pictures of birds and nests. So we altered one of their smallest board books to celebrate these beautiful creatures. My 4yr old painted her book 2 colors then together, we decided where the pictures and fun treasures should be glued. Some of the pictures, of course, have glue on them which adds to the memories of making it together. My 6yr old and I still need to put hers together.




We added brown craft grassy "stuff", ribbons, thin pieces of cedar bark and feathers, brown for the robins and blue for the blue jay eggs. So we will call this her science lesson for the week!
Thanks Sherry!!!






Helix Craft Table

Something pretty cool I want to share. I recieved this fun Craft Table for free from the Home Arts Magazine. It came with 4 templates for embossing. I used it to make different types of envelopes and boxes then wrote a review for the magazine. This is the second review I was able to do and the best part is I get to keep the product. I'm just not sure which month it will be in. It's alot of fun but I need to purchase the interactive CD for more project ideas. The original directions don't explain all the uses. Check out the web-site above for more details. It would be great especially for those who really like making home-made greeting cards.

5 comments:

KatCollects said...

These books are the sweetest, I love them. And I love your quote about Jesus. I hope you had a beautiful Sunday.
Kathy

Charmingdesigns said...

Your little books are wonderful!! thanks for coming by to visit. Laurie

Lynn said...

Oh soooo beautiful! I so love all your creations!

Jessica Rodarte said...

very pretty book! and lucky you with the helix craft table. it looks handy.

Melitta said...

What a sweet mini-book! I wish I had done something like this with my children. Maybe it's not too late. Thanks for the inspiration!