I had two wooden frames personalized for previous owners. This picture shows the dark colored frame I used the light colored one and edged it with alcohol ink. Sanding just wasn't working very well and the alcohol ink sticks to anything.
I also had a bucket of wallpaper samples. These are great because they had alot of different textures and colors.
Using decoupage, I resurfaced the front of the frame with several different pieces. For blending of colors, I edged the inside of the frame with green and the outside with copper as well as the edges of each piece of cut or torn wallpaper. The textures really made this a fun project and I actually finished it the same day I started!!!!