Thursday, February 9, 2012

Postcard Friendship Friday

I just love my vintage postcards. I have told this story before but they were spilling out of a box in a pile on the floor ready to go into the garbage. This was during the cleaning out of my husband's grandparents old farmhouse.

Neither one of these beautifully embellished cards have a stamped date, only a signature. One has the name Davidson Bros stamped on the edge and the series number which is so cool. Most of my textured postcards are dated 1909-1911.

The one in the center of my banner is dated1915.

Enjoy and thanks for checking out my Friday postcards.


Check out Beth and her gorgeous postcards along with the history of St.Valentine's Day.

7 comments:

Snap said...

Wonderful Valentines. You just never what treasure you are going to find ... or where! Happy PFF!

Irene said...

This is wonderful, so glad you rescued that box. Happy PFF

Clytie said...

Ohmigosh, the GARBAGE??? Bless you for rescuing them!!! What a treasure you found!

I especially like the first one - "affectionate". My how valentine messages have changed.

Happy PFF!

Anonymous said...

Very nice my dear daughter, Mom

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I'm so glad you rescued these cards. the first one in particular is so pretty.

Heather said...

these are beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing them.

Debs @ Vintage Postcard Gallery said...

these are gorgeous! thanks for dropping by my blog...