Friday, February 15, 2013

Heritage Lay-Out/Faux "Sealing Wax" Seals


1925 Photo of Hubby's Great Great Grandmother

I scanned and printed the back of the picture postcard which had my husband's grandmother's handwriting.  I wanted it to be part of the lay-out.




Isn't this a great purse! I would love to have that today...from 1925.









Here is a close up of the clay seal I created in the flower center. I added the brad, painted and sprayed glimmer mist after baking.



I wanted to show you another way to use the clay seals. I created this pocket to add to a scrapbook lay-out. A sneaky way to add more pictures, journaling or memorabilia to a page.


These project is linked to these challenges:


6 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

This is really awesome. Just love the vintage look. Awesome clay seal... I need to learn how to do those!!!! Love it!!!

Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Desire Fourie said...

Such a gorgeous creation. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

What a Great Job.
I love the artistic colors and the layout.


we are so glad you ,
entered into the challenge this week.
we hope to see you back next week.
Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner

Dangina Martinez said...

They are both stunning. I love your gorgeous flower and lace. I always think of adding lace but it never falls in place for me, lol.
Hugs, Dangina

Vanessa said...

Hi, Lisa

How beautiful is this piece you created. I love the flowers. What is in the inside of the flower? It's so lovely.

Vanessa

Luisa said...

OMG Lisa... This layout is sooooo pretty. Many pretty details. Am sure your husband loves it.
Yes... I will love to have that purse too!